Thursday, October 7, 2010

I am saying NO to floride


So i have a terrible cold raw throat runny nose and scratchy eyes, not to mention i hurt my foot and have been hobbling around all day. I said no to fluoride. I went to the dentist at an ungodly hour this morning to get my scaling completed. Scaling is just a nice way of saying we are going to till you back and chisel away at your teeth with a variety of torture tools until your gums bleed and the teeth that you do have left feel a little wobbly. Anyways my hygienist Gillian mentions that to complete this horrible experience we just need to pop in these fluoride trays. I panicked as flash backs of my childhood dental experiences came rushing back. I remember the taste of simulated bubble gum goo, i remembered the gagging the fear of knowing when those trays come out there is going to be projectile vomiting and crying, so i said no to fluoride. I felt as if i was letting my hygienist down. perhaps she gets some kind of sick pleasure watching people suffer. i mean that is the only reason i would imagine anyone would ever enter this profession. In fact i now doubt that her name is even Gillian. Gillian is a sweet innocent name like a kindergarten teacher or a someone who works at a pet store hugging puppies all day. Gillian is probably just an alias to trick people into trusting hygienists. Well i didn't fall for it and I don't believe in fluoride.

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you on that one. Just reading this I was thinking of my childhood and those dreaded trays and the gagging. Yuck, no thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, yuck! That was the worst part of the dentist. And I even had braces!

    ReplyDelete