Monday, July 4, 2011

Screw you H&R block oh no wait they are screwing me

So i get this letter in the mail today stating that I owe H&R block $2000. they apparently have made a mistake on my return and now want me to pay the differnce. When i asked what kind of accountablilty they would take for their own mistake they said that they already took $29.95 off. wow a 1.45% thanks a lot. here is the letter i sent to their web site


my understanding of the situation is this: I have moved from alberta to manitoba and thus have lost my tuition credits that i carried forward. According to Revenue canada this has been in effect since 2003 and a well known policy. The person completing my tax return was not aware of this and completed my return by imputting 26 018.86 dollars into the unused manitoba tuituion and education amounts. This mistake has now accounted for a $2000 difference in my tax return which i now owe H&R block. I discussed this with the manager at the mcphillis H&R office and asked to what extent is H&R block willing to take accountablitly for such a gross error. She informed me that they have already deducted the initial charges of $29.95. a whooping 1.49% of the total balance. Not only was she rude to me on the phone she didn't offer an apology or was willing to listen to my concerns. I am extremely disappointed in my dealings with your company and have decided to report this incident to the better business bureau.
I was advised by my the agent to take the cash back option and was explained that I was virtually selling my tax return to H&R block. In this instance i feel as thought I was poorly advised and that my refund was grossly neglected. I was guaranteed that this return would be inspected by a second agent to catch any mistakes made, this obviously didn't happen. I would like to know what actions H&R block are willing to take to resolve this issue. As a professional business i would expect that you will take accountability for your staffs mistakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment