Friday, February 10, 2012

Incompetent with a capital I

SO if you have been following me than you will remember my H&R block rant from last year. (they screwed up my tax return and i have been making payments on the $2000 mistake). Anyways so today i called to make a payment on my balance, something i have done many times and guess what this years staff is even more incompetent than last years. I had to call five different offices in order to get a hold of someone who could comprehend what i was saying. The first office told me to call back this afternoon since the only person in the office that could access the computer was at a doctors appointment. The second office told me i needed to come in to make a payment, when i told her that i have been making payments over the phone all year she said that i needed to come in to verify my identity. Ya like someone has stolen my identity and the first thing they do is try to correct my debt with you. The third office the girl answering the phone didn't speak English. Really your career is to answer phones and you can't speak English? She repeatedly tried to make me an appointment and then just hung up on me. The fourth office I shit you not the girl answered the phone said she didn't know how to do it so she would have someone phone me back, Great. Except she hung up without taking my name or number. The fifth office couldn't help me either but transferred me to another office and finally after 40 minutes i was able to make a payment. wow thanks again H&R block and now i have spent another 15 minutes writing hate mail to customer service which will never ever be looked at anyways. God I HATE YOU H&R BLOCK. I always imagined Hell as this hot place with stalagmites that smells like burning tires but i think i am wrong, I now imagine a cheaply decorated office with grey temporary wall dividers and a giant neon green logo and a host of idiots holding calculators with no idea how to use them.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're having a fantastic day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that you will be taking your taxes to someone else this year

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too, have an unflattering H&R Block story to tell. Sheesh....

    ReplyDelete
  4. i would be better off taking my taxes to a alcohol soaked homeless junkie with an eye patch and lice than ever going back to H&R block

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, what are you guys doing??? Go buy some tax software and do your own! You'll figure out so many things H&R won't tell you (because they don't know and don't care). I've compared notes over the years with coworkers and friends, and tax preparation outfits seem very good at screwing up returns. Do it yourself for $30 and call it a day. You and Hes could share the software even.

    ReplyDelete