Monday, December 21, 2009

Manitoba Bound


I remember reading this book in grade ten called snow bound about these two teenagers who go for a joy ride in the winter and end up almost freezing to death in the car and i every time I think of it, it reminds me of going home for Christmas. Not that we are driving this year but i can only imagine how cold it will be there and how are little blackened toes will shrivel up and fall off by the time we get back to Calgary. I am however looking forward to going home even if it means leaving the balmy air of Calgary to the inhumane frigidness of Manitoba, even if it means 7 people will be sharing one bathroom for ten days, even if Matt is druged up on antihistamines and me with my ativan. Anyways i am sure it will be a great time even if it means spending time with my family. just kidding see you tomorrow. (I added this cartoon as a true to life representation of my fathers views of heating their house. When i was younger and my parents would go on vacation they would always leave me a note. It wouldn't say don't have any parties or there is milk in the fridge it would state in bold letters DON'T TOUCH THE THERMOSTAT)

2 comments:

  1. You're in luck. It's going to be only -9 for most of the week. Dad won't even have to turn ON the heat. Ha ha. Good luck with that. Bring Matts long johns with ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I often think of that book.... Usually when we Portager's reach -30 for the first time and I try to drive as fast as safely possible so my toes don't turn black.

    ReplyDelete