Thursday, September 2, 2010

i am not incompetent

so believe it or not i do have various flaws. I never learned how to spell anything and my grammar is horrible. I have a rotten temper and pity anyone who crosses me at the wrong time on the wrong day. i think the Germans call it shaudenfrouden when people get enjoyment from others misfortune but I often wish horrible things would happen to a certain someone (S. Churchill no that's too obvious Sheldon C.). Anyways these are just some of the imperfections that i am more than willing to admit to, but one thing that i am not is incompetent. For some reason my dad must think that i am mentally handicapped. We have been working on the basement for the last couple of days and even though i didn't make a single measurement error my dad insisted on standing over me checking my work. I know that they say measure twice cut once but i don't think that they meant that measurement to be taken twice by two different people. I would just like to take this time to remind people that i am university educated and can go most days without wearing a helmet around town. We were cutting some metal railings with a grinder and Matt asked if i would like to try. Now i have never used a grinder before but it looked like something that i could certainly handle. My dad quickly stepped in and said no you can't this has to be precise. I quickly reminded him that i do precision work every day, I tread needles through peoples skin and into tiny little veins, or some days i have to slid a 3 foot tube blindly down into someones stomach without it going into their lungs. I can look under a magnifying glass and pick out tiny shards of glass and debris out of peoples skin but all of a sudden i am not precise enough to cut a piece of metal which had already been marked out but you? It wouldn't bother me so much if this was just a case of a non trusting fuss pot but dad never once questioned Matt about his measurements or cuts. So if you are reading this dad i would just like to take this opportunity to thank you for all of your help we couldn't have done it without you and to also congratulate you on raising a smart independent self sufficient capable child. (too bad about your other ones). love you

No comments:

Post a Comment